Thank you for your interest in the Vandalia-Butler Preschool program!
Our 2023-2024 program has reached full capacity. To be placed on the waiting list, please call 937-415-6401.
Students who will be 4 years old or older as of August 1st, 2023
Thursday, March 9th 2023
Students who will be 3 years old or older as of August 1st, 2023
Parents/guardians of students age 3+ should enroll ONLINE beginning @ 8:00 am (no earlier) on
Thursday, March 16th 2023
INSTRUCTIONS TO REQUEST PRESCHOOL ENROLLMENT
- ONLINE enrollment will open at 8:00am on the dates specified above and corresponding to your child’s age.
- In order to begin online enrollment, parents enrolling a child will need to create an account. As soon as the enrollment link is live, clicking on the link below will prompt you to create a new account.
Complete the Preschool enrollment process ONLINE in full and be sure to press "SUBMIT". The enrollment submission timestamp is what will mark the order of enrollment requests.
- Within 2 business days of completing online enrollment, you will receive a phone call to either:
- Offer your child a spot in the program and inform you of the next steps to complete registration.
- Offer your child a spot on the "Waiting List".
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING REGISTRATION
- Vandalia-Butler City Schools is a "closed district" meaning that families must be able to provide proof of residency** in order to enroll in Vandalia-Butler's Preschool Program.
- Online enrollment entries are time stamped once "Submit" is pressed and positions in the program will be granted in the order received.
- Any online entries received BEFORE 8:00am on the dates specified will be invalid/disregarded.
- Completing online registrations does NOT guarantee your child a spot in the program.
- Phone calls/voicemails will no longer be considered for enrollment, as the process has moved ONLINE.
- If you are not available within 24 hours after receiving a return phone call, your spot in the program/on the waiting list may be offered to the next family in line.
- Once the program is full, the remaining student enrollment requests will be offered a spot on the waiting list in the order of the online entries received. The waiting list will remain active until November 1, 2022.
- A finalized list of students who were offered spots in the Preschool Program will be provided to the VBCSD Enrollment Office for the purpose of registration permission.
- Only students on this list will be permitted to complete the final steps necessary to register for preschool for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Students on the "Waiting List" will not be permitted to complete the final steps of registration at this time.
- *IF* your child is offered a spot in the program for the 2022-2023 school year:
- You will receive a second phone call from the Central Office Enrollment Secretary to schedule an appointment to finalize enrollment.
- Compile the following items to bring to your appointment:
- Original certified birth certificate
- Proof of Residence (see below) **
- Copy of parent/guardian ID or driver’s license
- Immunization records
- Court-stamped custody documents (if applicable)
- IEP / ETR / 504 Plan / Gifted documents (if applicable)
**Proof of Residency Documents:
- Own your home? Current property tax statement or bank escrow papers listing parent/guardian name and address. Property tax statements are available for download at Montgomery County Auditor: mcrealestate.org
- Rent your home? Current lease or rental agreement (with landlord name, address, contact #, and expiration date)
- Temporarily sharing a home? An Affidavit of Shared Residency must be completed. Additional documentation is required from the homeowner. A form is located on the Online Registration program.